How much does it cost to apply for a marriage green card?
The total cost of a marriage green card is approximately $1,960 (for a spouse living in the United States) or $1,400 (for a spouse living abroad). This includes mandatory U.S. government fees plus the typical cost of the required medical exam.
First, there are the fees you must pay directly to the government—in most cases that’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), unless otherwise noted.
Beyond direct government fees, there are other costs to keep in mind:
The required medical examination from a government-approved physician generally costs around $200, though this amount can vary significantly. A spouse living in the United States must use a USCIS-approved physician, while a spouse living abroad must use a State Department-approved physician. For more details, see our guide to Preparing for the Medical Exam.
Should your medical exam require it, you may need to update your vaccinations before receiving your completed medical examination report.
If your green card application package includes any documents in a language other than English, you must also include a translation of each document, certified as accurate by the translator. The cost of these services will vary (for example, a certified translation of a one-page birth certificate might range between $50-100).
When going to your final green card interview (either in the United States or at an embassy or consulate abroad), you will be asked to bring original copies of your supporting documents (for example, your marriage certificate). Certain official documents may require a government fee to obtain.
Boundless guides you through the entire marriage green card process for a flat $500 fee that includes all of the following:
- A step-by-step online tool to complete the green card application package with confidence.
- Live support with the U.S.-based Boundless team.
- Independent immigration attorney review, with opportunities to ask questions.
- A ready-to-submit green card application package, assembled precisely how the the government prefers, and mailed to your doorstep
- Tracking, updates, and advice on your case status all the way until you get your green card.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Read more about everything you get by using Boundless!